More Monsters/D'autres Monstres



Things are moving ahead. At the beginning of the month, I did a grant application for UTOPIA. I had to figure out the entire content of the book. It now stands at 9 chapters (two of which will be comics by Stanley Wany, Julien-Paré Sorel with 9 illustrations by Meg). I also did a 10 pages demo of chapter 3 (two pages of which I am posting). Of course, it will change, Heather, Siris and Stanley Wany gave me good feedback and excellent ideas regarding the Monsters and the layout which I will work on. While writing the text for the demo, I realized I had to add more scenes with Monsters and destruction (yes fun stuff!).

I have added a few pictures of my son holding the actual Monsters just so you can get an idea of the scale, there is also a picture of him with my cast of Monsters who will be appearing in almost all the chapters. I am getting excited. A lot of my books have had constraints (like using actual dialogue from historic figures and crafting a narrative that flows). But this is more of a story that brings me back to writing comics like MAC TIN TAC (conundrum press, 2004). I am having a lot fun doing those pictures!





Le projet avance lentement. J'ai déposé une demande de bourse au début du mois. Cet exercice m'a permit de déterminer le contenu exacte du livre qui compte 9 chapitres dont deux en bande dessinée (illustrés par Stanley Wany et Julien Paré-Sorel avec 9 illustrations de Meg). J'inclus deux pages d'un démo qui en a 10. J'ai eu une aide inestimable de Heather Morrison, Siris et Stanley Wany qui ont commenté ma demande et l'ont amélioré grandement.

L'éctiture du démo m'a fait réaliser qu'il manquait des scènes de destruction de Montréal! Oui, il fallait que Godzilla trash notre ville! J'avais aussi besoin de scènes où les Monstres font simplement partie du quotidien des personnages.

Mon fils a posé avec une partie des Monstres qui vont apparaitre dans le livre, un peu pour vous donner une idée de l'échelle. Ils sont petits! Pour créer ces montages, je choisis les photos dans mes archives en premier, puis je photographie les Monstres selon la bonne perspective. Inutile de dire que je m'amuse beaucoup.


Commentaires

Articles les plus consultés