Création & Confinement

2020, The bay (Don Bacchus and the Islands)

Je consacre beaucoup de temps aux projets des autres depuis un bon 10 ans avec Éditions TRIP. Pendant cette séquestration forcée (qui est souvent la routine pour un artiste ou un auteur), j'ai décidé de couper les communications et de me recentrer sur ma création. Ça fait du bien.

Presque 50 collages de terminés depuis le début du confinement, + un 4 pages pour le projet sur Plume Latraverse, + textes et introductions pour Un Paris pour Dallaire et René Lévesque, + 2 longues nouvelles de 15 pages. J'ai aussi travaillé de la maison jusqu'à la fin d'avril pour l'UQAM.

Ci-haut, un collage très récent de ma série Don Bacchus et les îles. Je me suis aussi poussé à expérimenter des approches différentes sur certains collages et c'est résolument une série pour adulte qui parle de sexe, du corps vieillissant de l'homme et de la femme, de liberté et d'amour.



Almost arriving at a total of 50 new collages images for ma series Bacchus and the Islands. I also did a 4 page story to illustrate a song by Quebec singer & writer Plume Latraverse. Also wrote the intoduction for Un Paris pour Dallaire, + two short stories, one in French and one in English, both for the Don Bacchus project. That's pretty good considering I had to work from home until the end of April.

With all the comics festival cancelled, bookstore and distributors closing for now, there is not much to do except wait, or in my case, create. So I limited communications and just focused on my own stuff. It's rare that I have this luxury of time or the concentration to, let's say, just create and write all day without interruptions.


Above is a recent collage from the Don Bacchus series. I have pushed myself to try a few different things with my collages. One thing for sure, this is shaping up to be a series for adults only.

Commentaires

Articles les plus consultés